The Wood County Sheriff's Office has released a summary of incidents and responses from August 16 to August 22, 2023. Here are some notable occurrences during this period:
- Corporal Croney received a theft report via phone. The caller reported a missing phone and unauthorized deposits from her bank account after riding with a friend. Suspect information was provided, and an investigation is underway.
- Deputy Pollard responded to a criminal trespass in Holly Lake Ranch. The property owner reported unauthorized individuals staying in her house. Two individuals were trespassed, while the third was not found on the scene.
- Corporal Rapp took a report of a husband violating bond conditions by coming to the caller's residence. A report was filed.
- A theft on County Road 1885 was reported to Corporal Rapp. The property owner alleged that her son broke into her room and stole items. The owner wished to press charges.
- Corporal Rapp and Deputy Way were dispatched to a suicidal subject on FM 69. Deputies located the intoxicated individual and arranged for them to receive treatment.
- Deputy Smith and Deputy Way responded to a criminal trespass in Holly Lake Ranch involving the same individuals from a previous incident. The suspects did not respond to attempts to contact them.
- A report of indecent exposure on FM 2966 was received by Sgt Williams and Corporal Rapp. A male was found walking naked, admitted to using narcotics, and was transported by EMS.
- Deputies responded to a terroristic threat on County Road 3234, where an ex-spouse threatened the caller's life.
- Deputy Rapp was dispatched to a theft on FM 2869 involving a stolen vehicle, which was later recovered.
- A victim reported paying for cows advertised on Facebook, only to find the address was an abandoned property.
- Deputy Comeaux responded to an assault at Lake Holbrook, where a victim was punched in the face. The suspect was not located.
- Deputy Skinner took a theft report on County Road 4150, involving a stolen vehicle with money inside.
- Deputy Skinner also responded to a burglary on County Road 4150, where tools were reported missing from a storage building.
- Disturbance at Lake Winnsboro led to the arrest of Jacob Williams for public intoxication.
- Deputy Comeaux handled a harassment call involving unwanted attention from a soon-to-be ex-husband.
- Corporal Burdick executed a warrant service, arresting Bobby Lindley on outstanding warrants.
- Deputy Rapp responded to an assault on Private Road 6994 involving vehicle damage and subsequent altercations.
- A stolen vehicle was reported in Hawkins, which was later recovered.
- Deputy Pollard responded to a criminal trespass on Hwy 37 and arrested James Ellison for possession of a controlled substance.
- Deputies encountered subjects fleeing into the woods during a dispute on County Road 3600. Shae Robinson and Jerome Sevenson were arrested for evading.
- Sgt Morrison and Corporal Croney arrested Xzabior Gordan on an active warrant during a search.
- Deputy Way responded to theft reports and a burglary in Holly Lake Ranch.
- Sgt Cox took a fraud report involving a potential scam related to medical expenses.
- Deputy Pollard addressed a suspicious vehicle on Hwy 154, and the individual was criminally trespassed from a store.
- Warrant service in Holly Lake Ranch resulted in the arrest of Stephen Martin.
The Wood County Sheriff's Office continues to investigate these incidents and ensure the safety and well-being of the community. Residents are encouraged to report any suspicious activities or emergencies promptly.