Please read the detailed information below for Graduation Night, Friday, May 26 in Greenville, Texas.
8:00 p.m. Friday, May 26, 2023
- Gates will open at 6:00 p.m. for spectators to find a seat. Graduates are required to be at the indoor facility no later than 6:30 p.m.
- Seating is first come first serve.
T.A. Cotton Ford Stadium at Greenville High School, 3515 Lions Lair Rd, Greenville, TX 75402
- The following gates will be open for spectator entrance:
- Main Entrance Gate
- Softball Field Gate (behind Visitor bleachers)
- Home Side Gate (by Monty Stratton).
Clear Bag Policy:
To promote the safety and security of Greenville ISD students, families, staff and visitors, the district has instituted a bag policy for graduation by limiting the size and type of bags that spectators are allowed to bring into T.A. Cotton Ford Stadium.
Only the following types of bags are approved:
- One clear plastic tote, not larger than 12” X 12” X 6”
- One clear resealable plastic storage bag, not larger than 1 gallon size
- One small “hand sized” clutch purse, not larger than 5” X 7”
The following bags are prohibited:
- All purses, bags or containers larger than an approved small clutch purse or small clear tote
- Backpacks and duffle bags
- Camera and binocular cases or bags
- Mesh or drawstring bags
- Computer bags
- Fanny packs
Please reference the graphic below for a visual example regarding the Clear Bag Policy for the evening.
For more questions regarding this policy, please click here.
The concession stand will be open under the home side bleachers selling water, soda, popcorn and candy. The concession stand will only be accepting cash.
Inclement Weather Action Plan:
Student and visitor safety is the top priority of Greenville ISD. GISD Administration will be actively monitoring the weather leading up to graduation time on Friday, May 26. In the event of uncontrollable circumstances, the following plans will take place:
If inclement weather arises on the evening of the event, the ceremony will be delayed until later in the evening, as the conditions appear safe. GISD will not delay the ceremony any later than 10:00 p.m.
In the event the conditions do not allow for the ceremony to begin with a delay, GISD will postpone the graduation ceremony to Saturday, May 27, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Any updates for a delay in start time or postponement will be posted to the following:
- GISD website (www.greenvilleisd.com)
- GISD Facebook (www.facebook.com/GreenvilleISD/)
- GISD Twitter (www.twitter.com/GreenvilleISD)
- GISD parent & staff email
Safety & Security:
Greenville ISD has long followed safety and security protocols that go beyond state requirements for Texas school districts and is committed to a safe and enjoyable evening as we celebrate our graduates.
GISD Police & security along with other local agencies will be present throughout the entire evening to ensure student & visitor safety.
Greenville ISD highly encourages “See something, say something”. To report a safety issue regarding graduation evening, click here or call 903-259-2664 (available 24 hours).